Manufacturing is still a major engine in today's economy. The fundamental success factors in this industry remain constant: produce the right products—in the right quantities, at the right time, with good quality, and at a price the customer is willing to pay. However, flexibility and continuous improvements are also imperative.
Success includes the flexibility to respond to emerging markets, such as today's growth opportunities in China and Eastern Europe, and to the ever-changing needs of the customers. Capitalising on these opportunities and demands involves quickly adapting to new approaches, trading partners, procurement and sub-contracting strategies.
Microsoft Dynamic offers integrated, adaptable business applications for small and medium-sized organisations and divisions of large enterprises. These integrated solutions work like and with familiar Microsoft software and help automate and improve financial, customer relationship, and supply chain management.
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP I and MRP II) including sub-contracting, procurement planning taking into account your finite loading of resources and work centres.
- Resource planning takes load across production work orders and job (project orders) into account.
- Master Production Scheduling including netting of forecast
- Capable to Promise and Available to Promise for Make-to-Order environments
- Product design management with BOM, Routing version management and pro-active management of exchange of parts.
- Full service management; setting up and controlling service parts, contracts orders and scheduling service engineers.
The Microsoft Dynamics solution for Manufacturing is targeted to small and mid-sized organisations that produce discrete products. The solution is strong in planning and managing manufacturing sites with Make-to-Stock (MTS), Assemble-to-Order (ATO), Make-to-Order (MTO) and Configure-to-Order (CTO).
It provides staff on the ground with the ability to directly enter the consumption of material and use of time to make the products and delivers strong business intelligence reporting to managers.
Key benefits of the Microsoft Dynamics offering for these Manufacturers are:
- Easier control of raw material and resource planning.
- Ability to track cost of material and labour
- Possibility to integrate CAD/CAM solution(s)
- Ability to plan and track sub-contracting work
- Low training cost of personnel due to familiar look and feel.
- Strong manufacturing suite for discrete manufacturers fully integrated with financial management, inventory management, warehouse management, jobs (projects) and service management.