Hands-on Systems has implemented more than 1100 business systems since 1985. Over this time Hands-on Systems has developed an implementation methodology that guarantees success when combined with strong client support. Hands-on Systems’ implementation methodology encompasses the range of technologies, tasks and milestones that are required for implementation success.
Every implementation is managed by one of Hands-on Systems dedicated project managers. Our project managers use their wide industry experience, their knowledge of professional project management methodologies and IT systems experience, as well as considering each implementation's specific attributes and objectives. This allows Hands-on Systems to identify and minimise risk, eliminate expectation gaps and ensure systems are delivered on time and on budget.
Hands-on Systems' project managers manage implementations so that:
- Clients have clear visibility of the tasks required to complete the implementation
- Clients are aware of how each task and each phase is progressing in terms of the actual time used compared with the time budgeted for the task and the phase. This ensures any issues are identified early, and resolved with minimum impact to the project
- Hands-on Systems consultants are accountable for the time they charge to clients
- Clients have control of how Hands-on Systems consulting services are used
This is done with:
- The use of detailed project plans throughout the implementation, which detail each task requiring completion with the budgeted and actual time recorded against each task
- Fortnightly project management meetings to review and revise the project plan, including analysis of budgeted times and actual times
- Hands-on Systems consultants detailing the work they have completed when billing time to tasks, with this information sent to clients every week for approval and this information available to clients in real-time via client log-on to the Hands-on Systems website
Our implementations are managed so that the ownership of new systems transfers gradually from the project delivery team to the user community and support staff. Change management considerations are addressed early in an implementation and continue to be addressed well after deployment and always with the support of Hands-on Systems Support Desk.