Microsoft Dynamics for Distribution
Customers expect a digital and online experience yet still demand personalised engagement, high levels of interaction, and real-time notifications.
The Operations team require full visibility across the supply chain and efficient processes in the back office and warehouse, so they can accurately forecast and hold optimal stock levels at multiple locations to meet customer demands.
And the Management team need accurate and timely information to make informed business decisions and see the overall health of their business.
If businesses don’t address the needs of their customers and their operational efficiency they are at risk of shrinking profit margins, loss of sales, customer dissatisfaction and low staff productivity to name a few.
KPMG can help distribution businesses with a solution from Microsoft. Microsoft Dynamics specialises in providing the processes, controls and reporting functions required by distribution companies. Whether your distribution functions operate in conjunction with warehousing, importing, assembly, kitting, manufacturing and/or retailing, Microsoft Dynamic has considered the inventory-centric nature of distributor companies in its provision of:
- Supply Chain Management
- Financial Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Payroll & HR Management
- Efficient warehouse functions and strong controls for faster and more effective picking, packing and warehouse movements, as well as less shrinkage and greater stock accuracy.
- Intelligent purchasing suggestions and electronic purchase order creation once purchasing decisions are finalised to maximise cash flow and minimise backorders.
- Clear, fast and accurate visibility of stock levels, stock ETAs and other detailed stock and customer information for better customer service.
- Standard electronic communication functions with suppliers, customers and 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) including in-built EDI functions to communicate with retailers to streamline operations and save administration time.
- Easy management of the stock importation process and stock tracking ensuring the correct sales gross profit is recorded on all invoices.
- System direct bin location put-aways.
- In-built EDI functions to communicate with retailers.
- Comprehensive foreign currency facilities including automated management of foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Fully integrated manufacturing, assembly and kitting functionality.
- Flexible serial and lot number recording options with automated warranty management to minimise the administration time to maintain these details.
- Strong return authorisation (RA) functions and meaningful RA and warranty reporting to ensure these processes are efficient and the necessary detail is captured to identify issues.
- Automated emailing of client documents, in bulk and individually, including invoices, statements and debt collection letters to save time and increase cash flow.
- Automated notifications/warnings of user-defined events, for example if clients are over credit limits/terms or if there stock lows or stock outs.
- Fully integrated CRM facilities with the use of profiling and client histories for better customer service and greater sales revenue with lower sales effort.
Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Preview
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Top 10 Reasons To Buy
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012-New Generation in ERP
Microsoft Dynamics NAV